Wednesday, September 13, 2006

India........is a big country.....

In this topic I will try demonstrate the diversity in india.
I, Bhabani sankar das belongs to a village from idyllic orissa. When joined IT-BHU I was kind used to both Rice and and Roti. Even some alleged that I was a more a Rice eater. I Spent 4 years in varanasi. I hope I have become more a Roti eater in these years. Now I am thrown in to a place where you wont find roti. May be sometimes you will find Roti in the menu But mark my word if you are not told before you will never recognize it.
This time around i will give you a more sophisticated issue. I was(am still but this topic wanted me to write like this) basically a village lad using my hand for eating. Then came across people who used atleast spoon for taking there food. I had to practice that. Nope this is not the end of my problem. Somehow i learned (though not mastered) the art of using spoon while taking food. Now as a software engineer i landed up in mumbai. Most of friend believe only labour go to mumbai for work not software professinals. I got a taste of it. In mumbai the resturants never give spoon with food. But the situation aggravated in chennai. In chennai you will never find a spoon with the food .When you ask for one you will find a ogle and also be prepared for a reitaliation "use your hand for eating".Only then you will realize you have raise a combat. Guys like me remember our good old days at home , and start using hand....thinking......what kind of people come to chennai ....
Waiting for the reply.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry but i cant read so much

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be a roman in rome .the saying is very much universal in nature ......so dude this is just normal...just dont think but personal hygiene is of great importance in these places.

Rocky

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home